Xpu-Ha | $$$$$
Bel´Ha is a beautiful beach house located in a 50 acre family-owned jungle and palm tree estate facing the Caribbean Sea on the Mayan Riviera (Yucatan Peninsula), Mexico.
Bel´Ha was commissioned to one of Mexico´s top beach architects (whose work includes the famous Las Alamandas Hotel) and was decorated in a minimalist style by its owner using local and Mexican items. All wood work is made from mahogany and other tropical woods from the Yucatan and Chiapas jungles.
Bel´Ha is a 6,000 sq.ft. house with seven terraces, a large living room, a fully equipped bar room, 4 very spacious suites, a studio, a kitchen, and two private palapas (one at the pool and another at the beach). The house is reached through a private road.
In total, the house has six different great lounging areas for its guests to enjoy and is surrounded by large back, side and rear gardens which are illuminated at night for a beautiful experience.
Bel´Ha is located on the Xpu-Ha beach, a gorgeous, white sand and turquoise waters pristine beach, rated as one of the best three beaches of the whole Mayan Riviera.
If you like refined luxury, privacy, fun activities, being pampered, tropical gardens and the Caribbean, Bel´Ha is the new secret spot. [Source: Luxury Retreats]
- * Fully Equipped Kitchen
- * TV, DVD, VCR and CD stereo system
- * Satellite TV
- * Washer / Dryer available
- * Wireless Internet Access
- * Home Theater System
- * Beach Towels included
- Outdoor Features
- * Pool Dimensions – 23' in length / 5'6" in depth
- * Cenote on property
- * Large Gazebo
- * Different Outdoor Dining Areas
- * Outdoor BBQ Grill
- * Large Palapa on beach
- * Beach Chairs available
- Staff & Services Included
- * Maid (8:00 to 5:00)/ Cook / 2 Butlers / Gardener
- * Staff located on premises near villa entrance
- * Services available at additional costs
- o Rental Car
- o Transfers to villa
- o Pre-stocking services – two weeks notice
- o Local water-based and land-based activities
- Pre-Stocking Services
- * Grocery costs will need to be settled prior to arrival
- * $1000 USD will be collected for initial pre-stock service
- * Any unused funds will be returned to guests on-site
- * Any additional costs can be paid on-site to staff directly
- Villa Policies
- * Maximum 8 guests
- * Maximum 2 children
- * Liability Waiver is required
- * No pets
- * Refundable security deposit required upon arrival
- * Gratuities are NOT included in rates
- * Gratuities are between 5-10% – payable on-site
- Getting There
- * Rental car is recommended
- * Guests may also take a transfer to the villa
- * Closest International Airport: Cancun (CUN)
- * Cancun Airport – 45 minute drive
- * Playa del Carmen – 20 minute drive
- * Nightlife / Boutiques / Restaurants – 20 minute drive
- * Golf Course – 2 km
- * Tennis Court – 2 km
- * Playa del Carmen – 20 minute drive
- * Cancun – 60 minute drive
Write a review
BEL HA - Garden of Eden
Bel Ha is most definitely located on what’s considered to be one of Riviera Maya’s best beaches: XPU HA. Located only 25 minutes south from Playa del Carmen and 1 hour 25 min from Cancun airport – you feel like you’ve discovered an oasis once you set your feet in the silicon white sand and feel the cool breeze so delicately brush your skin….the location truly is paradise.
The Villa itself is a typical mexican design with white walls, and sparkling clean white floors with Palapa roof tops. Very simple yet very posh.
The staff is amazingly sweet, friendly and accommodating but be weary of your personal belongings.
I left my purse on the outdoor couch while going for a dip in the pool and my camera went missing. Just a fluke? Another chick that was staying at the villa also lost her camera. Coincidence that we lose our camera in the same day? Some will argue yes, but I know 100% that my camera was poached out of my purse the moment I went for a dip in the ocean.
So besides locking up your valued belongings and not trusting the staff, this is a great villa with amazing location!
Bel Ha Beach
I recently had the opportunity to stay at Bel Ha.
The one comment I keep repeating to everyone, and feel compelled to share with Tripulu readers, is that it sits on one of the best beaches I have ever been to (and I’ve visited over 12 Caribbean islands). The sand is perfectly soft and white, the waves are not too rough, the water is warm and the color is so blue it looks fake. Really one of the best I’ve experienced.
Like the previous review, the villa is typically Mexican – open, white and simple but fits the environment perfectly. I was never uncomfortable sitting on the sofa or fearful that I would accidently break an expensive vase. The staff were incredible and very accommodating. With their home-cooked meals and incredible guacamole, they made every effort to make sure we were comfortable and well fed throughout the week. It’s important to note however that they do not speak any English so it’s best to travel with someone who can speak Spanish or even better, learn it before you go!
Feel free to contact me if you’re interested in visiting!